Friday, 19 May 2017

Do you want the truth or something beautiful?


I felt very sceptical about posting this piece of writing, yet I wanted to bring forth the fact that life isn't always sugar sweet and iced with pink icing. There are times where life will chew you up and spit you back out again- it happens to everybody and you just have to live through it. It's those times that I try not to document, for better or for worse. I've never endorsed spreading negativity on the internet but I think it's important to be honest and not sugar coat reality. 

Now that brings me to my main point: what I'm sharing with you. There's a certain individual in my life who's caused me a great deal of pain. I'm not going to explain what has happened, mostly because that's a line I don't feel comfortable crossing, but also to protect the identity of said individual. The best way I've found to deal with difficult situations is creative expression- whether that be music, drawing or writing, I always feel more in contact with my feelings afterwards.

I've decided to include a small paragraph of one of the lengthy letters I've written yet never sent to this person. It was really difficult deciding whether or not to publish this, but I trusted it would bring home how strongly your actions can hurt others. 
You’ve changed me. You’ve left a bruise on my body that will drag me down far more than any I gain smacking the ground on roller skates. They’re the kind of injury that motivates you to keep trying, to beat your personal best and greatest of all, to not give up. The bruise you’ve given me is so deep, so swollen and so painful; it brings tears to my eyes. You’ve humiliated me. Made me look weak and needy in an environment I felt safe.   

Health and happiness,
Marti xxx

2 comments:

  1. I really like your idea to write as if you are talking to this person. I really feel like everyone should do this, no matter whether they are a good writer or not, because it's not going to do yourself or anyone else any good if you keep things bottled up inside.
    I think I might take a few pointers from this post because it's better to take anger and hurt out on your paper than your friends and those closest to you.
    If you need to talk to anyone, I'll always be there for you Marti xx
    http://sakura-blush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah! I'd definitely recommend writing 'letters' as it's something I've been doing for a long time that always helps me come to grips with what's happening and why I feel that way.

      That's very kind of you Leah. The same goes, always xxx

      Delete