Friday 3 June 2016

From notes to post



Bonjour mes petits chéris!

This is a post that Lou and I have had scheduled for the longest time ever (literally months) but have never gotten around to posting. Over here in the UK it's half term which I assumed would mean a week of blogging and taking photos. Oh how wrong I was! I've been busy every single day this week whether it be travelling, simply meeting my friends or doing homework. The post is basically going to be a breakdown of the process of writing a blog post. I've always wondered how other bloggers went about posting and whether they do it any differently from me. Over the year I have spent blogging, I've developed my own way of drafting my posts which works perfectly for me. I'd love to hear about you!


1. The Idea

Ideas come to me at times I least expect. I could be in the shower, in that weird state of mind before you drift off to sleep, daydreaming in a maths lesson or reading. I recommend always keeping a notebook in your bag for such occasion but when I forget, that's when the memo notes on your phone come in handy. When I get home, I'll create a blog post with that title and save it as a draft. Make sure not to publish said post like I have done one too many times!

2.Drafting the Post

The next stage of writing my post is drafting. This basically means word vomit. Any initial ideas, photos or layout preferences you have, make sure you post them at this point. You do not have to draft the post immediately after coming up with the idea (some of my ideas date back to last year and I still haven't got round to drafting them!). Also I like to choose which labels to add at this point. For example, the post I have drafted here (which is a sneak peek at next Friday's post!) is a lifestyle post. The labels I have added here are home, life and places.

3.Taking the Time to Write it

Stage three is very much like stage two only you should allocate however much time you need to write the post here. I usually spend about an hour on this stage (depending on what type of post it is) but you may need either less or more time. Write straight from what comes to your mind as you can always tweak it later. Another point to add about this stage is that you should only write when you are in the mood and never try to force a post. 



6.Proofreading and Spell Checking
Before I hit the orange publish button I always (well, I always intend to) proofread my post and get somebody else to check my spelling. You can also reword parts that seem clumsy and ensure all your links are fully working at this stage.

7.Publishing
Finally, it's time to publish or decide when you schedule your post. This part is definitely the most self explanatory but in case you you haven't realised already, it's that giant circle there.

Hope you're as excited to read Lou's post as I am.
http://louloves01.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment