Friday 29 January 2016

Winter favourites

For me, winter is my least favourite season. I hate the way that the cold weather seeps into your bones and makes getting up in the morning that bit harder. I hate the fact that it's now impossible for my hair to dry naturally and requires me standing with my head upside down, blow drying my hair until my back forces me to stop. I also hate the fact that my skin is so dry which makes applying makeup that bit more hellish. But enough of all this negativity (that was one of my resolutions, right?). That feeling when you can finally slink into bed after a hot bath with a book to read is one of the most amazing feelings on earth in my opinion which has been something I've found myself doing most nights. Here are some of the things I've loved most this month.

Candles

The reason I love candles so much is simple: they make a room so much more cozy and warm. I'm not sure if this is actually true or whether it's some sort of placebo effect but when I light a candle, I instantly feel more relaxed and calm.  I've always loved Yankee Candles but lately I've stepped out of my Yankee comfort zone (that's definitely not already a thing, but I've made it one) and have been using all sorts of different brands we received for Christmas. A few I  have been using recently are Viking Candle (definitely a knock off but actually really strong smelling), Flamingo Candle and Jamei  Candle (I'd never heard of this one either).

It's Potent eye cream


Like I said earlier, my skin starts to get really dry at this time of year which is why I find using an eye cream necessary. The one I've been using most recently is It's Potent! eye cream by Benefit. As well as giving my skin more radiance and less dryness, it's also managed to tone down the dark circles under my eyes. 

Burt's Been lip salve

I'm not going to lie, there's not really much special about this lip balm other than the fact that I'm not allergic to it. Burt's Bees also donate loads of money towards protecting honeybees and do not test on animals.

LUSH Hot toddy shower jel

My bathroom is full of shower gels and bubble bath at the moment but this one clearly stood out among the crowd. It leaves your skin feeling so soft and smelling great. It's one of those smells that fills the whole bathroom with a cinnamony spice scent whenever you use it.

Lipsticks


I've never really been much of a lipstick person before as I found them too drying and never really found one that suited me. When I received a Revlon lipstick from Rosie in the post, I absolutely fell in love with the colour and texture and decided to try more from the range. This month I've been loving the shades Pink in the Afternoon, Pink Cognito and Peach Parfait. 

Just to let you know, our giveaway is still open until 12/02/16. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment